Thursday, October 20, 2016

Magnolia Market Getaway

For my birthday this year, I told Phillip I wanted to (finally) visit Magnolia Market in Waco, Texas. He was more than willing to oblige -being a Baylor alumnus. We had such a wonderful time exploring Waco! I can't think of a better way to celebrate 28!     Hey! I rhymed! hehe!














This was such a fun trip! 

Magnolia Market was wonderful but a little overwhelming, below I've compiled a few tips:

Checkout in the downstairs area, there was a HUGE line in the front of the store but none downstairs!

It won't take you a full day to shop -be prepared to explore other areas in Waco!

There were several items in the store that aren't available online :-)

If you can't find what you're looking for, ask for help! My bakery sign wasn't out on the floor -I saw it online and wanted to purchase it so I asked an employee....they had several in the back! 

Be sure to walk over to the Seed + Supply  -they have a few items that aren't available for sale in the big store. 

Pay attention to the displays, I bought these dishtowels because I saw a display where they framed the dishtowels! So cute and something I never would have thought of!

Grab a coffee from Common Grounds (featured on Fixer Upper)

Shop Clint's beautiful woodwork at Harp Design Co. (located right next door to their Fixer Upper home)

A few of our favorite (non-Magnolia) Waco spots included:

Spice Village -AMAZING "booth-style" shopping, we spent 4 hours here! 

Brazos River & the suspension bridge (take a stroll at night, so romantic!)

Baylor Campus -Phillip and I spent a couple days exploring the campus. I loved watching him reminisce and hearing stories from his college days! 

The Findery -darling, darling shop! 

Portofino's Italian Restaurant -the food was delicious and you can bring your own wine! (Several restaurants in the area have a BYOB option, be sure to call ahead and ask about it!)

Eskimo Hut -drive thru frozen daiquiris & margaritas! (oh my gawd sooo good, and yes -it is a drive-thru!) It is like a snow cone stand that serves booze! 

Looking at these photos made me smile, we had such a marvelous time -I can't wait to go back!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you had such a fun trip! I love all of your photos :)

    www.lauralouiseellis.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! Thanks for sharing!

    xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

    ReplyDelete