Friday, May 27, 2016

Taco 'Bout Book Club

If you know me IRL you probably know all about book club. However, for those of you that are new around here -I'm in a monthly book club where my closest friends and I get together to discuss whatever book we've selected to read that month. Of course, we also enjoy a fabulous pot-luck style dinner and wine (lots and lots of wine)...it's something I look forward to every month.

There are 13 girls in book club -which is perfect because each of us will host one month out of the year! Last night I hosted book club at my house and it was so much fun!

Of course, I love a good theme (remember my Asian theme last year? The candy sushi is still one of my favorite creations!) anyway, this year I went with a taco bar! Such an easy pot-luck idea and delicious to boot!

I couldn't resist snapping a few photos of the decor (all found on clearance at Target after Cinco De Mayo!)










I kept all the decorations contained in the breakfast nook. No need to decorate the entire house!

For the dinner, I provided the meat (this crock pot recipe...sooo good!) and my guests brought the toppings. It doesn't get much easier than that!

This month we read The Year We Turned Forty: A Novel by Liz Fenton and Lisa Steinke. It's about three best friends who travel back in time to the year they turned forty -a year that altered the course of their lives. On a mission to correct bad choices and do better, will their efforts lead to happier lives or create new problems? In the end, they have to decide to stay or go back to present day...

Everyone LOVED this book (myself included)! It was a quick read -perfect for those summer days by the pool!

I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial Day Weekend! I will be at the Artesian Arts Festival! :-)

Happy Friday!
-Brittney

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous! This is exactly the type of group I've been looking for around Tulsa! Too bad I don't live closer, I'd invite myself ;)

    ReplyDelete