Friday, February 5, 2016

Fleeting Moments

In line to check-in at the doctor's office when a mother and daughter enter the waiting room. The little girl was full of energy, twirling her skirt & skipping around the room. Her mother looked on with tired eyes, letting her daughter run free. Moments later I felt a little tug on my coat, I glanced down to see the little girl's arms reaching up to me as she softly spoke "momma! momma!" wanting to be held but too distracted to notice that she was reaching for a stranger. Before I could respond the child's mother scooped her up and muttered "that's not your momma!" as she placed a gentle kiss on her cheek.  A fleeting, innocent moment that made me smile.

-I wrote this a few weeks ago but never shared it. I don't keep a diary (or journal), however, occasionally I'll write a blog post or letter for "my eyes only." On bad days, the best remedy (for me) is to write it down. Whether it be a letter airing my grievances or a stern note to the offender...it helps to get it out. Of course, I always hit delete. The same is true for happy moments. I love re-living them on paper. Lately, I've been wrestling with the idea of closing my blog. I don't have much time for it anymore and I'm not sure anyone (but my mom -hi mom!) is reading it...however, I can't bring myself to do it. It's a time capsule of the last five years -the story of my twenties. One day I'll look back and re-read these fleeting moments and smile.

I hope you all had a wonderful week! Right now my life is centered around the fit challenge & I've got one week left! I'm 10 pounds down and feeling better than ever!

Before we go, here are a few of my favorite things on the internet:

Can Young House Love Escape the Internet? -I used to read their blog religiously and watched in horror as is came crumbling down. I am so glad to hear they're doing well!
-NY Mag

57 small things to do for yourself this year. These are lovely.
-Food52

These beautiful paper flowers. Swoon
-thelovelyave

Habit Shift: Cloth Napkins. My late grandmother always used cloth napkins. She even had napkin rings with our names on them so we could reuse them. I haven't thought about Grammy's cloth napkins in years but reading this took me back to her. I miss her so.
-Reading My Tea Leaves

I Don't Owe Anyone My Body.  Every woman needs to read this.
-Buzzfeed

A Sweet Woman In Vancouver Held This Man’s Hand To Calm Him Down On The Train. Beautiful.
-Buzzfeed

Happy Friday!
-Brittney

3 comments:

  1. Your blog is one of my favorite to keep up with! I really hope you don't shut it down--your posts are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kassi! I don't plan on it :-) Your comment is so sweet! Thank you again!

      Delete
  2. Hey Brittney! I just ran across your blog, it's great!

    XO Chloe
    A Latte Lipstick

    ReplyDelete