Sunday, January 3, 2016

Hello 2016!


To be honest, I'm a little relieved to see the holidays come to an end. As much as I love Christmas, it's always nice to get my house (and life) back in order.

This Christmas was filled with lots of travel, Edmond - Tulsa - back to Edmond - Dallas - pit stop in Ada - back Edmond - it was an absolute whirlwind but I wouldn't have it any other way!

Some of my favorite memories include a magical night filled with old-fashioned Christmas carolers, mulled wine & beautiful lights that danced to holiday tunes, Christmas eve services at Life.Church, watching my family open the gifts I meticulously wrapped, multiple trips to BJ's for lunch & a tall Grand Cru, spontaneous tequila shots on Christmas Day, listening to Serial with my brother, dirty Santa with the Orr's, after Christmas shopping in Dallas, two trips to the movies to see "Sisters" & "Joy" -both so good! & a cozy New Years Eve. It was perfect.

I have so much to be Thankful for  & am so grateful for the opportunities that came to me in 2015. It was a wonderful year!

I have no idea what's in store for 2016 but I'm excited for the fresh start! Instead of a resolution, I chose a verb to help me prioritize and focus my goals throughout the year. My verb for 2016 is "grow" -specifically to step out of my comfort zone and try new things. Eleanor Roosevelt once said: "Do one thing everyday that scares you." If you know me IRL you know that I'm not a big risk taker. I am cautious by nature and this year I hope to break out of that shell.

First up? A 6-week fitness challenge that includes a rigorous workout & diet regimen. In February I'm taking a calligraphy class...something I've always wanted to do and never made time for.  And my crazy-overgrown-back yard that I've been ignoring for the past two years? I'm comin' for ya!

So here's to new adventures in 2016! Bring it on!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think you can ever go wrong by following Eleanor's quote, "Do one thing every day that scares you." So glad you refreshed my memory of that long ago stored quote in my heart. Look out world, there are two of us out there doing scary things. Well maybe.

    ReplyDelete