Tuesday, December 22, 2015

December in Review








Over lunch a friend and I discussed the magic of Christmas & I mentioned that I love coming home to the glow of my Christmas tree. It's warm and inviting -setting the perfect mood after a long day in the office. With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, sometimes we forget to stop and enjoy it! So this year I made it a priority to slow down and savor the season, do something nice for those less fortunate and remember the true meaning of Christmas. 

 Earlier this month, my mom and I went to the most darling Christmas tree farm. We each purchased a fresh wreath  (I love having fresh pine in my house -it smells divine and offers a bit of nostalgia) & watched them wrap the trees and hoist them up onto the cars. It was such a fun day, we both agreed to make it an annual event.

Mikayla and I went on a "sister date" which included a fabulous five course meal and a screening of It's a Wonderful Life. We laughed until we cried, then we *I* actually did cry at the end of the movie! 

I finished my Christmas shopping, hosted two parties (one of which was an earring exchange, so fun!) and baked a million cake balls...as well as a few other sweet treats for my coworkers.  

I truly love this time of year -I think I've watched Elf half a dozen times...and oh. my. gosh. I've got to stop eating candy canes! I'm addicted I tell you!

On a completely unrelated note, my geraniums are still in full bloom! Can you believe it!? Somehow I've managed to keep them alive since June ...which is pretty awesome considering I stopped watering them back in October! :-) 

Before we go, here are a few of my favorite things on the internet this month:

-Yes and Yes

-Tomy Prez

theSkimm story  -love theSkimm, loved this article! #GirlBoss
-Cosmopolitan 

-Sugar & Cloth

-Buzzfeed

Boho Chic Oklahoma Vineyard Wedding I was so excited to see my friend's wedding featured in Wedding Wire! Recognize that big white chalkboard? I was more than happy to loan it to her on her special day and beamed with pride when I saw these photos (taken by my super talented friend Savanna!) Also, I hand lettered the other chalkboards for the wedding. I loved the simplicity of the venue and decor. The bride has impeccable taste and it really shows in these photographs! (oh! be sure to read the photo camptions -their story is adorable!)
-Wedding Wire

Have a Merry Merry Christmas!

Love,
Brittney

2 comments:

  1. Wow Great information on this blog thanks for this wonderful info.
    Shopping Online

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beer selection at this place was great and rotates often. Everyone who works at venues in Los Angeles makes you feel welcome. They remember your favorite drink and you will be glad to tweet about them.

    ReplyDelete