Monday, November 9, 2015

Harry Potter Dinner Party 2015

When my friend Susan and I hosted our first Harry Potter party back in 2011, we had no idea what we were getting ourselves into!

Susan is the party queen (see her son's amazing birthday parties here & here) and for years she has been hosting Halloween themed parties. The year we met, 2011, she chose "Harry Potter" as the theme for her annual event. Being newly friends (my first year living in Ada) and a devout HP fan, I offered to help her out. The party was a smashing success. All of our guests had a marvelous time -so much so that they begged us to do it again! 

Alas, a tradition was born.

Every year we add a new feature to our party and it continues to grow!

This year we added a Dementor...


the proclamation wall...


Which made the perfect background for my Dolores Umbridge costume!


and we added the Great Hall! (not pictured: floating candles...none of my photos turned out!)



The dinner was delicious and the company was wonderful!


So thankful to have friends that don't mind being a little goofy -yes we're total nerds but I wouldn't have it any other way!

(5 house points to the person that can name all of our costumes!)
















My costume was thrown together the week before. I came across this Buzzfeed article and was sold on the very first idea! The jacket is from a thrift shop & I paired it with this dress. I found the hat at a local antique store. Not too bad if I do say so myself! 


Any other Harry Potter fans out there? I'd love to hear ideas for costumes and decorations! We're already making plans for next year -don't judge! :-)

Have a good week!

-Brittney


2 comments:

  1. Such an outstanding party. All ladies are looking lovely. Had been to a party at one of venue New York where Harry Potter themed party was arranged. All the best and incredible ideas were used there and I had a great time.

    ReplyDelete