Friday, August 28, 2015

Week in Review

This has been such a good week. I've been surrounded by friends and family almost every day, which is a rare treat!

Peak.

A gender reveal BBQ -the invitations read: "Bun in the oven, burgers on the grill!" Isn't that clever?


I have such an amazing group of friends here in Ada. Our friendship reminds me of Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte and Miranda...except there are thirteen of us instead of four!

Pit: 

It's kind of hard to think of a pit, but if I have to choose...I'd say the pit of my week is all of the yard work that awaits me this weekend. It's out of control...sometimes I fantasize about clearing out my entire backyard and filling it with rocks! I hate yardwork.

Peak:

My mom stayed over at my house night last night. We had dinner with my siblings and toured my brother's new house. We stayed up late talking about everything under the sun. Those are the best nights.

Peak:

Fall is ALMOST here -that means it's time to dust off those cozy sweaters and shop the fall trends! My favorite boutique has put out their fall selection and it is adorable! They asked me to model a few outfits and I was in heaven!


Follow @Serendipity_ada on Instagram to see the other looks. My favorite hasn't been posted yet but it involves a tulle skirt! Swoon!

Here are my favorite things on the internet this week:

She answered his ad for a roommate, moved in and never left. This story needs to be made into a movie!
-The New York Times

Greetings from pengy! This made my heart tingle, the internet can be such an awesome place!
-Buzzfeed

One Day More! Les Miserables is one of my favorite musicals, also I'm  little obsessed with flash mobs...combine the two? Magic! (If you're a teacher, you need to watch it!)
-YouTube

Of course, I got sucked into the YouTube rabbit hole and spent an embarrassing amount of time watching "One Day More" flash mob videos (there are so many!)...this one was my favorite. It's a wedding flash mob where they surprised the bride. Please tell my future husband to make this happen. K thanks.

The perfect half up bun. So I'm really liking the half up bun trend but I've been a little intimidated to give it a try...this fashion blogger is rocking it! I'm making it a goal to wear one sometime this weekend!
-Pink Pistachio 

The week ahead:

-A street festival (Ada Fest), a sushi date and digging out my fall decor...it doesn't get better than that!

Have a good weekend!

-Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment