Friday, August 14, 2015

Week in Review



Pit:
This week I began a new workout/diet regimen & the struggle is real (read: I'm starving). I wanna live in a world where I can consume unlimited amounts of pizza and chocolate chip cookies without getting fat...is that too much to ask?

Peak:
I had my makeup done by a professional makeup artist this week (I had head shots taken for a secret project) and I can't remember the last time I felt more beautiful. Lately, I've been in somewhat of a funk...it was so nice being pampered and glammed up for the night. Ladies, if you're local you must call Krischelle! I swear she is magic!

Pit:
School is back in session which means summer is almost over. I feel pretty confident in saying that this has been the best summer (post college)...I'm really sad that it's coming to an end. Just a month or so left to layout by the pool and play on the lake. How is it possible?

Peak:
Yesterday I came home to a little surprise in my mailbox. My best friend (Autumn, I'm talkin about you!) sent me a little gift, a Kate Spade bracelet and earrings. She is such an amazing friend! I don't know what I'd do without her.


My favorite things on the internet this week:

The most amazing a capella cover of Lion King's "Circle of Life" all the parts sung by one man! Goosebumps!
-Buzzfeed

Mindy Kaling's guide to killer confidence. A long read but well worth it!
-Glamour 

 Target advertisements for Vogue, simply stunning! I love seeing creative (and unexpected) advertising campaigns. Target really hit the mark on this one!
-racked 

A workout inspired by ballet for non-dancers. This is right up my alley. If it ever comes to Oklahoma I will be the first to sign up! 
-racked

When you finally nail the high note. Couldn't stop laughing!
-Twitter via @sixsecondcov

Sometimes I daydream about moving to NYC...and then I remember that I'd be living in a teeny tiny apartment -which is so unappealing. However, I think I could make it work if it looked like this posh place.
-NY Mag 

Dressing better can change the way your brain works.  Dress for success my friends!
-Huffington Post

The week ahead:
This weekend I'll be attending a birthday/welcome home party for some dear friends & I'm hosting a bridal shower!

No comments:

Post a Comment