Friday, June 19, 2015

Friday Favorites

Last night I spent four hours at the park, I went straight from work (at 5) and stayed until  9 o'clock. It reminded me of my childhood, when mom would say: "when the street lights come on, it's time to come home!" The street lights always came on too soon -and the same was true last night.  

One of my favorite things about living in a small town is the way you always seem to bump into people you know when you're out-and-about. Last night (at the park) I ran into my sister, she recently adopted a little puppy and they were out for a walk. We had so much fun playing in puddles, chasing the geese, meeting other dogs, and stopping for rest and water under the shade trees.




Summer nights at the park are my favorite.

Speaking of favorites, here are a few of my favorite things on the internet this week:

"How to get a job through social media" Earlier this week I mentioned developing your "personal brand," this is a prime example of how having a personal brand can pay off!
-Levo

This baby shower took my breath away. Such a unique idea and oh so beautiful.
-Rifle Paper Co.

"Your late-night emails are hurting your team" Very interesting!
-Harvard Business Review

The most adorable Instagram account -shares photos of couples with the story of how they met in the caption. If you're a hopeless romantic, you will love it!

I've been experiencing some major storage issues with my iPhone lately. These hacks for saving storage have come in handy!
-Cosmopolitan

An advertising agency had their execs slim down for a naked photo shoot. What a clever campaign, I love seeing brands that push boundaries.
-Business Insider

-This interior design blogger and I are kindred spirits. I love everything about her theory on beautiful-functional things for the home. I too have been slowly making the change from plastic to wooden spoons and spatulas, simply because they are more pretty. She mentions that she and her husband use their birthdays or holidays to treat each other to something special to enjoy in their home...my birthday is next month and I've asked for towels! #kindredspirits
-Inspired Room

Happy Friday and Happy Father's Day!

2 comments: