Monday, May 18, 2015

Week in Review

A baby shower for one of my precious cousins. They are expecting a baby girl -she will be the first great-grandchild for my poppa.


I love the women in this photo so much. I forget how much fun we have when we're together, hopefully we will be reunited soon!

My favorite boutique asked me (me?) to model a few of their summer arrivals.


I follow several fashion bloggers and never really appreciated how much work goes into taking outfit photos...It's not as easy as it looks! I'm a little (a lot) self conscious in front of the camera. I worry about what my thighs look like, what my chin looks like, should I smile? Should I pretend to laugh? (so awkward), my legs are so chalky, I should have put on lotion. blah, blah, blah -why are we (women) so hard on ourselves? It's the endless cycle of self doubt. Does it ever go away?

With that being said, all of my insecurities vanished when I saw the photos. I love how they turned out. Follow @serendipity_ada on instagram or like them on facebook to see more pics from the shoot!

Other things: 

Last weekend was the weekend of birthdays. Friday night was spent "out" celebrating a friend's birthday (read: sangria swirls, chips & salsa, patio conversations). Perfect.


Saturday was spent "in" celebrating another friend's birthday. This one was planned by yours truly (read: up all night talking, watching classic chick flicks, gorging on so. much. junk food, drinking real Dr. Pepper). Perfect.

Reading:

How women undermine themselves with words -must read ladies! -Goop

The best way to keep flowers fresh, good to know! -Apartment Therapy

For my fellow Project Runway fans: How Tim Gunn spends his Saturday. Speaking about his evening cocktail: "I’ve been drinking Manhattans since Sept. 11, 2001. I thought, “Celebrate the city. Have a Manhattan. Never forget.” -The New York Times

theSkimm guide to Yemen. "You haven’t heard about Yemen since Chandler Bing moved there. But lately, a growing civil war has put the country at the center of a much larger power struggle in the Mideast." If you're interested in being more informed on whats going on in the world (and hate reading long articles/watching the news) then you'll love thSkimm. Sign up here. 

I just finished "Leave your mark" by Aliza Licht. Oh how I loved this book. I am working on a book review, hopefully it will be up this week!

I'm starting "The Girl on the Train" by Paula Hawkins. -this book and I keep bumping into each other. I'm hearing about it everywhere. If the hype is true, it's going to be a good one!

The week ahead: 

This week is going to be busy at work. I'm attending an awards reception in the city, getting ready for the Annual Artesian Arts Festival -if your local you neeeeeed to check it out. We've got over 70 artists confirmed and many many food vendors, nom nom. What else...I'm running a 5K in two weeks so hopefully the weather won't be too terribly bad and I will get to run at the park this week.

Have a good Monday!
-Britt

No comments:

Post a Comment