Thursday, May 7, 2015

Currently


New flowers at the dollhouse make me so happy. I usually plant red geraniums but this year I opted for pink. They are so feminine and add such a welcoming presence on my front porch!

In other news, have you seen all of the Met Gala coverage? ...did you happen to notice the "Asian" inspired looks?






Images source: Vogue

Guests were asked to dress in the costume institute's theme China: through the looking glass. I have to admit, I gave myself a big ol' pat on the back for being so "on trend" (of course, I'm referring to my Asian inspired dinner party last week).

Speaking of the Met Gala, my favorite place on the internet, Humans of New York, photographed the event. Check out Katy Perry's photo & caption. Brandon (the HONY photographer) has an amazing talent for bringing out the vulnerability and tenderness of his subjects. I love how "normal" Katy Perry looks in this photo. She is human, same as you and I, sometimes that's easy to forget when we're looking at celebs from afar.

Currently reading:

-Skimm, Skimm, Skimm! -this week I was named "Skimm'bassador" by my favorite news outlet, theSkimm. Ya'll.,..I haven't been this excited about something since Birchbox! What is theSkimm? Well..theSkimm makes it easier to be smarter. It's a daily email newsletter -my secret weapon in meetings, on dates or even at dinner with friends. It breaks down all you need to stay "in the know" and jump into conversations -it's smart, witty & quick. They read, you Skimm. Sign up here.

-Sheryl Sandberg's tribute to her late husband (which I came across thanks to theSkimm). Last year I read her book, "Lean in." (read my review here) her husband (and their marriage) was mentioned several times in the book, she described their relationship as a true partnership.  I thought her letter was beautifully written and honest.

-Global fashion communications executive (read: Donna Karan social media maven and my new girl crush), Aliza Licht's new book "Leave your Mark." The tagline sucked me in: "Land your dream job. Kill it in your career. Rock social media." Yep, I can't wait so sink my teeth into this one! 

-Anna Kendrick killing it over at MTV news, #Girlpower. 

-These brutally honest cards for cancer patients. I can relate to that feeling of "I don't know what to say..." & these cards are perfect. I particularly loved the 4th card. 

-I also loved these honest Mother's Day cards. Hahaha "Hey mom thanks for having me!"

Have a wonderful day! 

-Britt 

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So while it's true that the people make an event (and the people definitely made any event!) this space definitely adds a different dimension to it. Went to Chicago venues for an evening event and I was really impressed.

    ReplyDelete