Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Road Rage

This afternoon I was driving back to work from lunch, a few minutes late (as usual)…I take a highway that runs on the outer skirts of town to avoid slow traffic, stop signs & stoplights. It’s probably not any faster, but it’s better for my mental health.

Anyway, today as I was exiting off the highway…about to merge onto a street named “Richardson Loop” …one of the busiest streets in town...I see a white pickup truck in front of me slam on his breaks! It all happened so fast, I had to swerve onto the grassy shoulder to avoid rear-ending him!

Of course, being the obnoxious /impatient/always-in-a-hurry person that I am, I slam on my horn!

::honk honk::

Assuming the reason for his sudden break was due to his lack of ability to merge off of the highway onto traffic.

Anyway I speed past him –shooting him a nasty glare!

It was in that moment, mid honk & glare, that I see the reason for the sudden stop:

A big white funeral hurst slowly passes by.

I honked at a FUNERAL PROCESSION!

And the award for the most terrible person on earth goes to…

(I started to write something about dropping dead from the embarrassment but I decided it wasn’t in good taste, ahem.)

Anyway, I could feel the eyes of every driver staring at me with disgust.

In a moment of desperation to escape the embarrassment, I literally fled the scene!

You’d think I would have had the grace to pull over…nope! I hit the gas and sped off!

It wasn't my best moment.

Every now and then we all need a big slice of humble pie….I had mine today.

And now my friends, I will leave you with a few of my favorite road rage memes. Enjoy!






*All images found here.


2 comments:

  1. I love this...I literally laughed out loud! haha Fleeing the scene was probably the best option hehe

    ReplyDelete