Monday, April 6, 2015

In Review- March

Farewell March! Here's a little recap of what I've been up to!

I cheered on a dear friend at the Mrs. Oklahoma pageant! She made top ten!

Before the pageant, My mother, sister and I went to Oklahoma City and visited Blo. for a blowout. Small world! -the girl that styled my hair was from Ada! Anyway, we spent the appointment gossiping about everyone we know in common. It was great!



Reading:

On living alone -this hit the mark! I live alone and can relate to every last word. If you know me in real life, or know anyone living alone, or if you live alone, or if you're thinking about living alone, or if you used to live alone, or if you have a child who lives alone, or if you're worried about your child living alone (okay, I'll stop now)...just read this.

I followed my stolen iPhone across the world, became a celebrity in China, and found a friend for life.  -this had me laughing out loud. The internet is awesome.


Here's what happened when we weighed women's purses.  -Anyone wanna give me a neck rub? I wasn't aware of how much neck and shoulder pain I was experiencing until I read this. I'm going to weigh my purse tonight and take a picture of it's contents. Follow me on Instagram @orrbrittney for an update!

Watching:

Just finished Gilmore Girls on Netflix and I don't know what to do with myself. I loved that show! How will I survive without my daily dose of witty, fast-paced dialog between Loreli and Rory? The clever wordsmiths, the laugh-out-loud silliness? I'm having some serious withdraws!

...move on to the next binge-worthy show...

Ally McBeal -it's cheesy but pretty cute! I have to cut Ally McBeal a little slack, after all it was made in the 90's. I've only watched the first three episodes but so far so good!

Cooking:

Chili for the chili cook-off. I made this recipe and won first place! I beat 9 other entries -they gave me a trophie and everything!



Easter Dinner. Easter Sunday was spent with my brother & sister. We went to church and spent the day napping. I made an Easter ham with glazed carrots and my favorite green beans on the side.



Pinning:

Inspiring rooms:

...Dreamy ghost chairs...

Pinned here

Lovely blue accents...

Pinned here

Pinned here
Everything about this front porch makes me swoon...

Pinned here

The month ahead:

I'm hosting April book club! Every month we choose a "theme" for our potluck-style dinners. I'm going with an Asian theme. Asian food is my absolute favorite; if we had sushi in Ada I would eat it every day! We don't have many options for oriental dining in my little town...so I decided, what better way to satisfy my cravings than with a group of close friends and a bottle of wine? Yumm-o!

It's time for spring cleaning and for me that always includes a garage sale!



I have this weird love for garage sales. It's sitting outside, early in the morning, with a coffee (or mimosa, depending on the day) my sister in the lawn chair next to me. We laugh about silly things and celebrate every big sale. She's the best cashier, that girl never makes mistakes when counting change! It really is my favorite way to spend a Saturday morning in the spring.


What about you? Any big plans for April?



No comments:

Post a Comment