Sunday, March 22, 2015

Week in Review

It's Sunday morning (well noon-ish) and as I write this I'm lying under the covers, in my cozy bed, Gilmore Girls is playing on Netflix, the sound of a neighbor's lawn mower in the background (hello spring!) and the sun is streaming through the windows. 

If this isn't the perfect morning, I don't know what is.

Here's what I've been up to this week:


I can't seem to get my fill of tortilla soup, it's packed with spicy flavors & only 3 WW points per serving...that's hard to beat my friends!


Last weekend I ate lunch at the cutest little sandwich shop. The jukebox plays doo-wop style music & the sandwiches are delicious. Oh! and see those stools in the background? That's the ice cream counter! As I ate my lunch, I dreamed of renting out this little place for a night...my friends dressed in 50's attire...Elvis playing on the jukebox...doesn't that sound like fun? It's going to happen one of these days!


I wrote a review on Amy Poehler's "Yes Please." It. was. so. funny! I recommend getting the audio...she does the narration and it took the book to a whole 'nother level.


Spring has sprung around my parts and I'm loving it! Flowers are blooming, the sun is lingering a little longer each night & the world just seems cheerful. It's a refreshing time of year and I'm savoring every second of it!


So...theSkimm shared my photo on Instagram. I feel a little famous (Did I mention FLOTUS is a fan as well?) Sign up here, all the cool kids are doing it.

Not pictured: 

-St. Patricks day celebrated with friends: green beer, fajitas & so much laughter. It was perfect.

-Friday night spent with old friends; we went to see Insurgent...it was okay. I lost interest in the series after reading the third book.

-Saturday nights with new friends and tacos (apparently I've really been craving Mexican food this week! I didn't realize it until now, but my gosh! It's all I've eaten!)

The week ahead:

-I'm cooking in a chili cook off! We're raising money for the American Heart Association. If you live in Ada, come down to the Chickasaw Community Center on Tuesday from 11 - 2! Lunch is $5!

-Book club meets this week! I can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts on "Yes Please." I'm hosting the April book club so I'm on the hunt for a good book! I'd love to hear your recommendations!

-Girls weekend with my mom & sister. We're getting blowouts & going to Mrs. Oklahoma pageant to cheer on one of my friends as she competes for the crown! It's going to be so much fun!

Have a good week!
-Britt



No comments:

Post a Comment