Monday, March 2, 2015

Restless

When they made the announcement that work would be closing "effective immediately" on Friday, you would have thought I'd won the lottery, I was over the moon! 

Doesn't the yellow house look pretty in the snow?

A two-day work week was an extra special treat! Especially considering the fact that I was in recovery mode after an epic girls weekend -not to mention, the new season of House of Cards was released that very day!!! ::happy dance:: 

So I gathered up the essentials: a bottle of my favorite red wine, extra coffee & creamer, the latest issue of Glamour magazine & my favorite snack (veggie straws, ranch flavor). 

I was ready.

I snuggled up on the cocoon that was my couch and suddenly, I felt this odd sensation: Boredom. 

I don't know why, but I wasn't in the mood to watch Netflix. I wanted to DO something! 

Am I the only one with this struggle? When I have time to relax, I'm bored. When I'm busy and have too much on my plate, I'm exhausted and want to relax.   

Not to mention, last week was my first week on fitbit! Of course the week I decide to start tracking my steps, I get snowed in!

Needless to say, this weekend wasn't as I'd hoped it would be. I think I'm finally ready to say goodbye to winter. 

Anyone else ready for summer street festivals?


Weekends at the lake? 



Ice tea on the back patio?



Fresh flowers?


Sigh, just a few more months...



Oh! & I am proud to report that after living here for two winters, I finally know how to work the fire place! 


It's a little tricky (I vaguely remember the inspector having issues with it on this day). What's a girl to do with a fresh pedicure and cold toes? YouTube for the win!

Have a wonderful week my friends!

Xoxo
-Britt 

3 comments:

  1. Your house is so quaint and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being snowed in is almost more of a curse than a blessing. I want to be out doing something too! But your house is so cute it's not the worst place to be stuck!

    ReplyDelete