Thursday, December 18, 2014

My Favorite Christmas Tradition

A week from now, at this exact moment, it will be Christmas morning. I'll still be wearing my pajamas, "A Christmas Story" will be playing in the background and everything will be right in the world.

The presents will already be opened, as we exchange gifts with my mom on Christmas Eve. 

It really is the most wonderful time of the year. 

Next week is going to be pretty busy with lots of travel and people to see. So before the craziness begins, I thought I'd pop in to share my favorite Christmas tradition. 



My favorite thing about Christmas is our handmade stockings.

My great aunt started this tradition when she made my mother and her siblings stockings. 

My mom’s stocking is a vintage (sequin) Santa, circa 1960's!


Isn't it darling?

I took this picture of my Uncle with his over Thanksgiving:


He's such a ham!

Anyway, when my mom found out she was pregnant with me, she began working on my stocking and eventually made one for each of my siblings. 




When my Step Dad joined the family, she made him a stocking too!


Everyone in my family beams with pride over their stocking, arguing that theirs is the best!

...but we all know mine it the cutest! ;-) 

I hope to carry on this tradition with my children! (However, I will need to enroll in a sewing class first). 

They are so special, something I'll treasure forever.


Have a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!

-Brittney


No comments:

Post a Comment