Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Decorating for Thanksgiving

I survived my first Thanksgiving at the doll house! -It was an absolute whirl wind but I was pretty pleased with myself!

I wanted to share a few pictures of the decorations & table settings...I didn't do anything big. Just a few simple touches here and there.

I transitioned my mantle from Halloween to Thanksgiving with a new print for the picture frame and a heirloom pumpkin.  I wrote "give thanks" using a gold paint pen. Easy peasy!



Also, I gave the mirror a fresh coat of chalk paint. The paint has a matte finish, similar to the lanterns.


Moving into the dining room!

Inspired by this photo and this photo, I decided to do a combination of the two. I think it turned out pretty cute!


For the centerpiece, I used a bunch of old jars. Several of them were pickle & jelly jars donated by my co-workers. A month or so before Thanksgiving, I sent out an email asking for any jars they needed to trash. Lucky for me, several people needed to clean out their fridge!


For the runner, I used a scrap piece of flannel (purchased at Jo-Ann's Fabric).


With all the crazyness of preparing the food, I completely forgot to light the candles during our meal! However, it still looked nice...I don't think anyone noticed.

I'm thinking of leaving the centerpiece up for Christmas, maybe I'll add some red berries!


The food was delicious! Everyone ate so much at lunch, that we decided to wait a few hours for dessert!



Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays. Time with family & delicious food, it doesn't get better than that!

I hope yours was wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment