Monday, December 8, 2014

A Holiday Home Tour!

My mom's house is a magical place around the holidays. Her tree is trimmed with family ornaments, some of them hand made by yours truly. Every decoration has sentimental value. I don't know about you, but there's nothing like coming home for Christmas...it's the best. 

So today my mom has graciously allowed us to take a peek at her beautiful home! I took all of these photos at night, so excuse the artificial lighting. :-) 



We've been collecting nutcrackers for as long as I can remember. Pictured below is our 2014 nutcracker:


The stockings are all handmade, be watching for their story on the blog soon!





This is Santa Mouse, he used to live at my grandparents house. This is a holiday tradition that dates back to my mother's childhood. My grandfather would read this story to my mom and her siblings...every year he is hidden in the tree!


Everyone in my family agree's that the ornament pictured below is the best on the tree! It's my little sister's kindergarten picture! We laugh over it every year. 


Of course, I had to include Brittney's first Christmas...





These candle houses are from Lithuania, each one is hand made. My step dad spent a few years over seas for work and brought them back to my mom. 


Aren't they beautiful?




Let's go outside!


The outside lights are always so beautiful. In high school, my mom would let me skip a day of school to help her put up the lights. It was always something we did together.


Last week, we all went for a "Christmas lights walk" around the neighborhood. (We just went for a walk after dark so we could see all the lights). We decided that my mom's house has the best lights...


...and I'm not bias at all. 

I hope you've enjoyed the tour! I'd love to hear about some of your favorite decorations and family traditions! -Isn't that what makes the holiday season so magical?

Merry Christmas!

P.S. you can check out my 2013 holiday home tour here

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! Looks like a wonderful place to come home for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those nutcrackers definitely got me reminiscent. My family used to collect them as well, though it never got as big as your collection. I'm glad you still kept them, and that your collection keeps growing bigger. I can definitely feel the holiday season coming, just by looking at the photos of your home. Anyway, I hope you enjoy the holidays, Brittney. All the best! :)

    Willard Evans @ Wow Homes

    ReplyDelete