Tuesday, August 5, 2014

making my house a home

My living room decor  has come a long way in the last year. To refresh your memory, check out this picture I took last summer:


This is the place where I spend most of my time. It's the first room you see when you walk into my home. I want it to be cozy but also bright and cheery.

I bought this dark couch before the dawn of Pinterest, before I knew that I was head over heels in love with blue color palettes and white accents. Unfortunately, the reality for most of us is that we have to start with what we have.

So this year (my first year in the doll house) I made a goal: not to buy anything I didn't absolutely love. I took my time and really lived in the space. I only purchased items that were authentic and meaningful to me.




One of the biggest challenges in decorating my home has been finding art for the walls.

I love having meaningful art in my home. My grandmother was a beautiful water colorist (you can see a glimpse of one of her paintings in the photo above). I treasure her paintings, they bring to mind so many childhood memories.

So finding art that not only complements my grandmother's paintings but also reflects my style has been a challenge.

I recently discovered Tiny Prints home decor collection. They have a beautiful selection of wall decor and prints.


I quickly fell in love with the 10 X 10 canvas art and decided to print a couple of pictures from my 4th of July weekend at Grand Lake.


You might recognize these photos from this blog post. That weekend was so much fun, so many family memories made!

I took the photo of the American flag banner at a marine gas station. It was early in the morning, hardly any boats on the lake. These banners were on almost every lake house we passed.


I took the picture of the buoy while we were tubing. It was taken right before my turn on the tube!

I love the colors in these prints! I'm a sucker for red, white and blue...but what I love most about them is that they evoke so many memories from that wonderful weekend.

Tiny Prints has such a wide variety of options for printing your favorite memories. I especially love their new metal prints.


What about you? Do you incorporate meaningful art into your home decor?

canvas art c/o Tiny Prints

No comments:

Post a Comment