Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Dear internet,

This past week has been so hard. My aunt (my mom's sister) passed away. Her memorial service was yesterday. It was beautiful and fitting. I know she would have been thrilled to see so many people there to worship the Lord and celebrate her life.

I know she's in a better place, I know she must be so happy to be reunited with my Grammy, but it still hurts.

Not too long ago, my aunt shared this scripture on her Facebook:


"Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles come your way, consider it great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow." James 1:2-3

For those of you who know me IRL (in real life), thank you for the calls, emails, texts & prayers. It has helped so much.

Also, to my mom's friends, 

(most of whom I've never met but she tells me that you read my blog) 

-I wan't to tell you how grateful I am that she is surrounded by such wonderful people. You are a blessing to her... always there for her when she needs it the most.  Thank you for being diligent in reaching out to her during this time. I know your kind words have brought so much comfort and I truly can't thank you enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment