Tuesday, May 20, 2014

'Tis the Season to Graduate!

Is this real life?

My baby brother has graduated college and my little sister has graduated high school.

Someone please tell me, where did the time go?

It seems like just yesterday we were playing outside in the sprinkler, jumping on the trampoline, waiting in line for one of the Harry Potter book releases, playing t-ball, obsessing over inflatable furniture, watching blue clues, wearing pigtails...

How is it already time for them to grow up? 

Being the older sister, I've always felt ages older than them...but now they are catching up to me. Now they are feeling more like my peers. We're actually friends. We have fun together. 

However, one thing remains the same: I still feel like their protector. I can't stand it when someone is mean to them. I hate to see them in any kind of distress...and I'm proud. So proud it feels as though my heart will burst.

Seeing them walk across the stage was truly wonderful. They've worked so hard. They've accomplished so much  (I'm smiling right now as I write this). I can't wait to see what their future holds.










Brandon & Mikayla- 

You guys are so special to me. I love you both so much. I hope you know how proud I am to be your big sister. You both bring me so much joy. Each of you are starting a new chapter in your life, entering the "real world" and going to college. I hope you savor every moment. Call me if you need anything, I'm always here...anytime, day or night. Have fun and make good decisions!

Love,
Your biggest cheerleader & big sister
-Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment