Monday, April 14, 2014

Last Week

Hello Internet!

I can't believe we are half-way through April. It has been such a busy month! I never knew how much work it takes to maintain a yard. There aren't enough hours in the day to get everything accomplished (hence my silence on the blog...) 

So here's what I've been up to:


My dad came down for a visit and brought me this gun. I never thought I'd own a gun. However, after experiencing a few scares in the doll house, I've had a change of heart. 

*you can read about my most recent "scare" here.

I hope I never have to use it, but I can sleep easier knowing it's there.

We went for a little target practice. 


It was a lot of fun! The perfect daddy/daughter date!


I've spent HOURS getting my front yard in order. Oh my, it wore me out! I pulled weeds, laid mulch, mowed, hedged, raked leaves, pulled more weeds. It took days! -and I am so sore. Who knew doing yard work was such a workout?

I not going to lie, I am a little scared of the back yard. 



*shudder* 

So many bushes to trim! 

So many weeds! 


In the mean time, I've been itching to plant a little succulent garden (I followed this tutorial). I love how it turned out! It looks so cute on my dining room table.  

Yesterday we had our first bout of severe weather. We didn't have any tornadoes or anything... just a heavy thunderstorm. As much as I hate those scary storms, I love the way it makes everything pop. The plants seem to get a little greener and more vibrant after it rains.


These trees in my front yard just came to life! Beautiful!

In other news, I've been helping my little sister with her graduation announcements. 

She wants something a little unconventional, something to show off those beautiful senior pictures!





I can't wait to see what she comes up with! 

Did I mention my brother is graduation college too! I'm going to be a big bawl bag come May. 

This week I'm making a quick day trip to Tulsa (my hometown). No matter how long I've been away, it still feels like home. 

So what have you been up to? Have you been working in the yard? Did you survive our first round of storms?

No comments:

Post a Comment