Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Housekeeping

I'm one of those people who work best from a "to do" list.

It's an essential aspect of my daily routine. Almost everyday (around 4:30-ish) I write a list of things that need to be accomplished (at work)  the next day. I keep my list in a notebook, everyday has it's own page.

This system works beautifully in my professional life, however, it hasn't been incorporated into my personal life. As a result, a few things have fallen through the cracks.

For instance...

Remember my gallery wall

Remember when I used my Christmas wrapping paper in the frames? 

Well...the Christmas paper finally came down last weekend. 

That's right, I've been living with Christmas wrapping paper in my picture frames for the last 4 months!

I have had the hardest time coming up with photos for the frames! I don't have kids, I don't have pets, I don't travel very often, I don't wan't to hang photos of myself...also, I wanted the pictures to have a theme or a sense of cohesiveness. 

So I decided to use the childhood photos of my favorite people- mom, dad, brother & sister. 




Weren't we cute kids? 

Another item that fell through the cracks- hosting a yard sale!

When I moved into the doll house, I went through a major purge. I filled my storage shed from top to bottom with junk I needed to get rid of.

Of course, that was nearly a year ago. 


Last weekend my sister came down to help me out with my yard sale and it was a huge success! My storage shed is finally empty! 

I still have a few things on my list (like have an electrician hang my chandelier in the breakfast nook, have someone from the pool and spa place diagnose the hot tub (it's never worked since moving in) and I have a massive amount of yard work to do in the back yard!) but it feels good to slowly check things off.

Anyone else tackling that tedious "to do" list?

On a completely unrelated note, I found a bird's nest in the back yard.


I've been checking on them everyday! I'll be sure to take a picture when they hatch!

Also, yesterday was Earth Day! 

I decided to celebrate by spending a little extra time outside.


Admiring my succulents with a glass of sweet tea.

Perfect way to end the day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment