Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Doll House Update!

After I shot the pictures for yesterday's bathroom reveal, I came across a few more things I hadn't mentioned on the blog.

First, lets look at my bedroom.

This is what it looked like the day after closing (obviously, we were getting ready to paint!):


This is what it looks like now:


So much brighter!

Most of you have probably seen pictures of my bedroom on Instagram, however, I don't think I've posted anything about my new chair.

I got it for Christmas (thanks Dad and Sherry!!) and it has been the perfect addition to my room!

Inspired by this chair from Pottery Barn, my chair (almost identical) is from Pier1.

Moving on to the living room!

Last fall, I splurged on the Griffin coffee table from Pottery Barn. It's been several months and I still love it! I love how industrial and sleek it looks, while maintaining a rustic flare.


While we're at the couch...let's talk about my throw pillows.

Anyone that knows me, knows how much I love throw pillows. Seriously... It's a problem. I have 6 pillows on my bed!  (not including the pillows I actually sleep on).

Because my couch is so dark, I wanted to use pillows that would lighten up the room. All of the pillow covers are Pottery Barn. I got the jute covers last summer (on sale for only $15).

I picked up the lumbar pillow cover and the blue cover after Christmas.

*tip: use old pillows as fillers for pillow covers! Remember my christmas pillow? or how about my old throw pillows? yep! Those are under the new covers!


The breakfast nook is about to get a big makeover!


I bought the cafe curtains on sale at Pottery Barn a few weeks ago for $14 a panel.


The hardware came with the house! (I put it in the contract for the previous owners to leave them!)

Here's what the space looks like now:


I'm planning on putting in banquette seating, something like this or this. What did we do before pinterest?

It's a work in progress, but I love it!

Do any of you have any fun projects you're working on around the house?

No comments:

Post a Comment