Tuesday, January 21, 2014

my ghost encounter

Every family has its quirks. Some are a bit gloomy, some are funny, some you hope nobody finds out about and some are just too outrageous to keep a secret.

I’m not sure my family will appreciate my disclosing one of our quirks to the internet, but I can’t resist!

Okay, here goes…they believe in ghosts. That’s right.

My mom and dad had an “encounter” when they were in high school. It’s a story I’ve heard from both of them on separate occasions. It sounds crazy and I have to admit…I’m a bit of a skeptic. But a little part of me finds this subject matter intriguing.

It wasn’t until recently that I discovered the extent of their obsession. My brother is in on it too. He claims to of had an experience as well.

One day at lunch, my mom informed me that she “felt a presence” in my doll house *Gulp* to this day, I have no clue if she was serious or joking with me.

It doesn’t end there…my dad got me hooked on a travel channel show called Ghost Adventures. They investigate haunted places. Of course, their investigation takes place at night time in a remote area. Occasionally, they capture these little light spots referred to as “orbs.”

Well a few days ago I was having trouble sleeping. It was the middle of the night and I had a terrible cold. The kind where you can’t breathe through your nose, your ears ache. You feel like you’re sleeping in a furnace. So I was lying there, in the dark, when I noticed a small (and brief) light in my hallway.

Remember my cute little hallway?
 
 
It looked JUST like the orbs you see on ghost adventures.

I shot out of bed, remembering the “presence” my mother felt months earlier.

I waited, nothing happened.

Feeling brave, I confronted the ghost: “I think I just saw you…”

Moments later, I saw the light again.

And again.

Suddenly, I realized the source of the light: the fire alarm.

I may or may not have been under the influence of prescription cough syrup when this encounter took place.

Oh the adventures of living alone!

Do any of you have any weird ghost stories?

or is my family making me crazy?

1 comment:

  1. If there is a presence, it is an Angel. I don't believe in ghosts, but I do believe in Angels!!!

    ReplyDelete