Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Eighteen

My baby sister turns 18 today! Eighteen! Hold me.


There are seven years between us...and as we get older that gap seems to get smaller and smaller.

I remember the day the photo below was taken.


I was in Mrs. Davis's first grade class at Jenks West Elementary. The office secretary came on the intercom and announced that "Brittney Orr has a new baby sister!" I was so proud.

I love this picture of Mikayla, it was her kindergarten picture. It captures her so perfectly. Mikayla was a wild little girl, care free, athletic, a risk taker. Nothing like her big sister.

 
I don't know what happened to the other copies of the photo, but this is the only one we have. It's a Christmas ornament, everyone agrees that it is the BEST ornament on the tree.
 
This picture is from our first trip to Disney World.

 
While on vacation, Mikayla and I got in trouble (probably for fighting with each other). Of course, our punishment was to go to our room. I remember us having so much fun together that afternoon. We played gymnastics, jumped on the bed...entertaining ourselves while everyone else enjoyed the pool. That's the funny thing about sisters, we know how to push each others buttons, we fight over the smallest things, but at the end of the day we are still sisters. We love each other despite our flaws.
 
 






 
 Happy Birthday to my beautiful sister! I love you more than you will ever know!


No comments:

Post a Comment