Monday, January 27, 2014

Discipline

Yesterday our pastor spoke about being disciplined. He said “Discipline is choosing between what you want now and what you want most.”

That quote resonates with me. I can’t stop thinking about it.

Sometimes reaching a goal seems impossible…whether it be losing weight, saving money or if you’re a student: making good grades.

We are constantly seduced by the quick return, the things we want now.

I’m going on a cruise this summer. I’ve been trying to diet and eat better. Get back into my exercising routine. It’s been hard.

I desperately want to have pizza with my friends. In the mornings, I want to sleep in a little longer (rather than go to the gym). In the evenings, I want to go straight home from work (rather than go to the gym). All of these things are things I want now. None of them have long term benefits…

So when I heard this quote,

 

something shifted. I'm motivated. I'm ready to accomplish what I want most!

Don’t you love it when the pastor speaks directly to you? I just know that sermon (heard by thousands of people) was meant for me! :-)  God is good, all the time.

Anyway, I thought some of you might be able to relate (after all, it’s almost a month since New Year’s).   

Just a little reminder to keep it up! Say no to the things you want now!

p.s. to find out more, visit lifechurch.tv

No comments:

Post a Comment