Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Bye bye baby!

Internet, I have been living in an alternate reality.

Yesterday my sister was celebrating things like "smiley faces" at daycare.

Watching episodes of Blue Clues was her favorite pastime.

The day before that (Monday) I was in Miss Davis's 1st grade class when the school secretary came over the intercom and announced to the entire class that "Brittney Orr has a baby sister!"


The day Mikayla was born is a day I will never forget. I was so proud to be her big sister.

When she was 4 or 5, she decided that she wanted to change her name to "Shania" after Shania Twain. Oh how she loved Shania Twain.

I'm not sure when or how this happened but I discovered something yesterday.

My baby sister is no longer a baby.

I miss my Shania *sob*


In the past 48 hours she has had her braces removed and taken her senior pictures.


Hold me


This time next year she will be in college (probably having the time of her life). It doesn't seem possible.

Can you believe she was in 7th grade when I went off to college? SEVENTH GRADE!

I am not okay with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment