Thursday, September 26, 2013

From Sea to Shining Sea!

^ in my hallway!

Ever since moving into the doll house, I've been a little stumped about what to do in my hallway. I considered hanging my wood gallery frames in there but I couldn't ever get it to look right.

The hallway is a dark space so I wanted something that would lighten it up a bit. When I saw this idea on Young House Love (my FAVORITE blog for all things "home") I knew I had to re-create it in my house!

I searched high and low for the Rifle Paper Co. "Cities" calendar and was about to give up when I found this option at anthropologie.

Source

I love the retro style paintings that feature a young girl on each page. It's perfect for the doll house (and it's owner ...who happens to be a young girl who loves to travel).


Just like my friends (who have no idea who I am) at Young House Love, I used the RIBBA frame from Ikea.


It's hard to beat the $10 price tag, and they fit perfectly!


I swoon every time I walk by...it's like taking a road trip in my own home!

Anybody want to go to D.C.?


Or how about the Grand Canyon?


It was nearly impossible to choose which pictures to frame. Of the 12 months, I narrowed it down to 8 (I have 4 pictures on each wall).

What about you? Have you ever used calendar art in your home?

No comments:

Post a Comment