Monday, September 9, 2013

Book Review: Lean In

There are few things I love more than a good book.  I love that while reading, I sit in complete silence. It’s soothing for my soul. My happy place.

Recently, I had the pleasure of reading Lean In by Facebook COO, Sheryl Sandberg. This book shook me to my core. I can’t even begin to tell you the wealth of knowledge and inspiration I gained in reading Lean In.

Source

In Lean In, Sheryl mentions that as a child she was considered “bossy” and now (as an adult) has been criticized for being too direct. She says “When a girl tries to lead, she is often labeled bossy. Boys are seldom called bossy because a boy taking the role of boss does not surprise or offended.”

Like Sheryl, I have been described as “bossy” (ask any of my sorority sisters, I guarantee all of them would say I was a little overbearing). So why is this a bad thing? Should we reprimand our daughters for being too bossy?
Today I’m over at Oklahoma Women Bloggers. Click here for the rest of my review on Lean In.

No comments:

Post a Comment