Tuesday, August 20, 2013

PB Inspired Gallery Wall

Last week, I mentioned my Pottery Barn catalog hording collection. It's really out of control but I can't help myself. I love everything about their brand. Their traditional rooms are effortlessly classic and elegant. I swoon over almost every. single. thing. in their store.

So imagine my delight (about 6 months ago...before I found the doll house), when I came across a mind blowing sale. ALL of their display frames were marked down...dirt cheap.

They were re-decorating the area behind their register and all of the current decorations had to go. I went home with 6 wood gallery frames.  The most I paid for one was $16 (the oversized 18 x 18 mat  in the espresso stain).

Which was a steal because it is currently priced online for $50.

Source


At the time, I had no idea what I would do with the frames but I couldn't resist the ridiculously low price tag.

Fast forward several months...

It took me a while to figure out where to hang my beloved frame collection. I kept going back and forth between my bedroom, the hallway and the guest bedroom.

It wasn't until I saw this picture (below), that I decided to hang them in the living room.

Source

See the frames in the background? I loved the way they filled up the space between the windows.

24 hours later...I recreated the look in my home:




I still need to find pictures to go inside the frames but I'm really happy with how it turned out! They look perfect in front of the dining room. The white mats and dark trim really complement the colors of the table.

I still can't get over my luck in finding these beauties. I smile every time I walk by!

If you follow me on Instagram (@orrbrittney), you saw my little trick for creating the gallery wall. If you missed it click here!

What about you? Have you ever walked into a mind blowing sale at your favorite store? ...I'm pretty sure it's the next best thing to Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment