Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Let's get caught up!

A lot has happened around the doll house in the last couple of weeks…

I painted my guest bathroom. Here is the before:


Here’s the after:


I used this tutorial, it was a lot easier than I expected!

My kitchen table got a face lift. I painted it white to match the crown molding (shout out to my dear friend Corey for helping me out). It looks better than I could’ve imagined! Before, the table was a yellowish color. Now, It looks sunning in my dining room. The dark table top really brings out the wood flooring.



I turned 25 last week…I had a housewarming/birthday party with my friends. It was so much fun having people over! I’ve lived in an apartment for the last 4 or 5 years and I’ve never been able to host that many people. I can’t wait to throw another dinner at the doll house. I’m already planning my Halloween party!



I spent the majority of my birthday shopping for the doll house. I’m so excited about the area rug I got a Lowes. I will be posting about it soon! In the meantime, here is a sneak peak of it in my living room:


Last weekend my sister took me to The Swon Brother’s concert. It was such a fabulous night. If you watched The Voice, you know they are from Oklahoma. Colton and Courtney (my sister) went to school together.



It was truly one of the best concerts I’ve been to. At one point in the night, they took song requests from the audience. It was amazing to watch them play in such an intimate atmosphere. I snuck a little video of them performing a Garth Brook’s song. Listen to the words closely:



As you can see, things have been really busy.

Moving into August, I’m ready to say goodbye to summer. I can’t help but get a little excited when I see all of the school supplies on display. I am anxiously awaiting cooler weather and cozy clothing. Fall is right around the corner!

I hope you’ve had a marvelous July! Stick around! I promise to be a better blogger this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment