Thursday, July 18, 2013

Krazy Kitty

(See what I did there?)

I have a confession…I hate cats.

As a child, I had several pet cats and I loved them very much.

(My last cat, Sassy, was very mean. She tore up my mother’s white leather couch, she didn’t like to cuddle, she didn’t like to be touched and I’m pretty sure she didn’t like to be looked at. She went crazy after we brought home Kosmo and eventually disappeared. I’m still unsure of what happened to Sassy; I’ve got suspicions that my mother was involved but she denies it. I hope to learn the truth one day. Actually, I’d like to take this opportunity to shout out to my mom’s friends! Hello! She talks about you all the time…has my mom ever mentioned Sassy? Have you heard anything that could be related to her disappearance? If so, I’d love to hear from you!)

…back to Krazy Kitty.

My college town had an abundance of stray cats. I think this is the reason I’m not a huge fan. They were filthy dirty, somewhat scary and they were everywhere! Ew.

So imagine my delight when I noticed a stray kitten lingering around my house. She’s very playful, she likes to rub her body against my legs and she meows at the door all hours of the day. Her meow is like nothing I’ve heard before. It sounds like a screaming baby. It is so loud that I can hear it from any room in the house. I’ve been keeping Kosmo while my parents are out of town and he’s been very disturbed over this kitten.
 
 

Well this morning Krazy Kitty crawled up under my car. I tried everything to get her out! I sprayed water, I made loud noises and I beat the undercarriage of my car with a broom. Nothing. Already 15 minutes late for work, I decided to start the car and hope for the best.

After I got to work, I checked under my car. Yep. She was still there.

I enlisted the help of my coworkers and we got her out.

We tried to let her go in a nearby alley but she kept following us back to the office.  Finally, we decided to call our local animal shelter. They agreed to come get her.

Well…about 5 minutes before animal control arrived, a lady parked in the neighboring parking lot must have heard Krazy Kittly’s loud meowing. She picked her up, put her in the car and drove off.

I hope Krazy Kitty’s found a nice home.

Oh the joys of homeownership!
 
Have you ever had a problem with a pesky stray?

1 comment:

  1. I never thought of myself as a cat person until my neighbors brought in bails of hay (don't ask--I don't know why) and we had a plethora of mice move in. The pest removal guy even said, "Get cats." So, we got cats. They are fun, and my girls love them. And the mice are gone, so we let the cats stay.

    Great story! I hope Krazy Kitty finds a good home with lots of mice. ;)

    ReplyDelete