Friday, May 31, 2013

A Baby Story!

I’ve been meaning to write this post all week. I’ve been super busy at work and the hours spent at home consisted of watching the weather (it has been so scary around here). They’re forecasting bad weather tonight but hopefully after that the storms will cease (for a few days at least).

Monday, one of my dear friends became a first time mom. It is so weird seeing her in this new role. We were college roommates, sorority sisters and best friends.
 
 
I spent the entire drive to the hospital (around two hours) reminiscing about our friendship and the memories we created. We got ourselves into all kinds of trouble. We used to make up wild stories and call them “adventures of Brittney and Alyssa.” Our stories kept us laughing for days, inside jokes we shared with no one else. Alyssa brought out a spontaneous side of me; something that only she was capable of.  This included road trips to Stillwater, snowball fights on the football field, skipping class to play guitar hero (sorry mom), and other things that I don’t feel comfortable sharing on the internet.




The other day I came across our first conversation, it took place on facebook.

 
I can't help but smile when I read this, I had no idea I was chatting with someone that would become a life-long friend. 
 
 

Alyssa,

I am so glad we are friends! Your little boy is the cutest. I am honored that I got to be there on this special day. We have come a long way in the last 6 years! I love you!

-Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment