Monday, April 15, 2013

Hello Monday

A little more than a month ago I mentioned that I was thinking about buying a house…Well since then I’ve found a realtor and walked through a dozen.

I had no idea shopping for a home would be so exhausting (and I’ve only just begun). Out of the 12 houses I’ve walked through, I’ve only liked 3 of them.

Starting out, I had an unrealistic idea about what shopping for a new home would be like. I think my addiction to HGTV has played a huge role in this. Friends, the real world is nothing like House Hunters! I thought I would enjoy looking at every single home. I thought that I would *like* some aspect about each house my realtor showed me.

Boy was I wrong.

Some of the homes I’ve looked at smelled funny. Some of them were very dirty. All of them have problems. None of them are perfect.

Oh and I forgot to mention that I am prone to car sickness. So you can only imagine how enjoyable it has been for me to weave in and out of neighborhoods with my realtor (I’ll spare you the details). Needless to say, it has been an interesting experience.  

But one thing I have learned throughout this process: I live in a charming town.

Last week I stumbled upon this lovely cottage.


 
I'm in love with the yellow front door.
 
 
I've decided that no matter what, I will paint my front door yellow.



(I might even knock on this person’s door to ask what paint color they used).

And look at this beautiful walkway. I love love love the tulips.


I wasn't going to tell you...but...I actually found a house that I adore. Yes, there are problems. Yes, I've only been looking for a couple of weeks...but oh! it is so dreamy. I can totally see myself there. However, I'm going to *try* to be patient and keep looking for a little while longer.

On another note, today we are linking up with Lisa Leonard for Hello Monday.
 
Hello yellow door.

Hello new week!
 
Hello beautiful spring weather.
 
Hello last minute touches for Sunday's baby shower.
 
Hello leftover smoked turkey sandwiches.
 
Hello Voice battle rounds part 1.
 
Hello spray tan, goodbye pale legs.
 
Hello open windows, it's been way too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment