Wednesday, April 24, 2013

April Birchbox

I am soooo glad spring is finally here! As a way to get out of the house, I decided to shoot my Birchbox outside. I'm not too crazy about the burlap in the photos (*note to self* burlap might be on trend for event decorating and home decor but that doesn't mean it works with everything...especially beauty products). Oh well! you live and you learn!
 
I took these photos last week and spent the weekend testing out the products.
 
I know it must seem like I say this every month, but this month's box was awesome!
 
Birchbox teamed up with Women's Health to create this months box.
 

I always love their packaging. I'm a sucker for pink tissue paper.



The Caudalie Divine Oil is my favorite thing in the box! It smells delicious and left my skin feeling like silk.

Words cannot describe the sense of calm I felt after my evening bath covered in this luxurious oil. I felt so relaxed and refreshed. I will order this product when I have more points built up!


The Nexxus Youth Renewal Elixir is probably a great product for someone with dry hair. I have the opposite problem, my hair tends to be a little oily. This product went into my guest goodies jar!


The StriVectin Eye Concentrate (pictured above) is supposed to reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fade dark under-eye circles. Lately, I've been obsessed with ageing (this is due to the fact that I found a gray hair the other day. My first gray hair. I came across it while sectioning off layers of my hair to be straightened. I about died. My heart rate physically increased y'all! I'm not ready for gray hair! I'm not ready for wrinkles!)

Needless to say, I've been using this wrinkle cream religiously. Who knows if it's actually working but it's worth a shot!

I LOVE the Mirenesse Glossy lip pencil. It doubles as a cheek stain and the color is stunning. Bright red is a little bold for everyday but I will most definitely wear it on special occasions.


Of course, Birchbox can't go wrong with herbal tea. I love trying out new flavors and the Mighty Leaf Teas were all delicious.

 
Well folks, that about sums up my April box. If you're interested in learning more about Birchbox, click here
 
I really hope you give it a chance! I have been a fan for nearly two years and I still love it
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love mine. The lip color is a little bright for my taste. I think you can pull it off though. I give birchbox as gifts. They credit the points to my acct, it requires no shopping and the recipient always loves it!!!

    ReplyDelete