Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Not so graceful


It's been several months since I've experienced self inflicted humiliation.

Why can't I just be like Jackie O or Audrey Hepburn? I swear I have two left feet. It's physically impossible for me to remain graceful at all times.

So it shouldn't have surprised me when the other day I had not one, but two mishaps.

I was eating lunch alone at the cultural center. Of course, I didn't want people to feel sorry for me that I was eating alone so I kept busy on my cell phone. Once my food arrived, I got up to get a fork and when I came back (still playing on my phone, yes, I was walking and creeping on facebook at the same time)  I sat down at the wrong table.

The sad part: it took me a few minutes to notice, it wasn't until I reached for my tea that I realized what had happened! As soon as I realized that I wasn't at the right table, I did a quick sweep of the room. Yep, everyone noticed...and they were laughing at me.

It gets worse...

Once I finished my meal, I got up to throw my trash away and somehow I tripped over my heels. My tray went flying out of my hands and all of the food scattered across the floor.

A nice man came over to help me pick up the trash, everyone else just gawked.

I could feel their eyes on my back as I picked up ice cubes off the floor with my dirty napkin.

Yep, that's me! Grace Kelly wannabe with a tear in her stockings, pickin' up trash.

Classy.

Happy Tuesday!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can just see all this playing out BB. I guess all those ballet lessons were for nothing.

    ReplyDelete