Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Hello there, 2013

The calm after the storm. I always feel a little relieved after the holidays. It's nice to have my house back in order, to be done shopping, baking, and traveling (I hate being in the car).

Speaking of traveling...last weekend I went to Kansas City. Oh, how I loved it there.

I finally got to try out a "Beauty Bar." It's basically a one-stop-shop for makeovers.

They washed, dried, and styled my hair to perfection. It was ah-mazing. I cant think of a better way to spend an afternoon.

I asked for "Victoria's Secret" hair...I think they did a pretty good job!

 



The rest of our trip was spent eating at delicious restaurants & shopping.

As always, I was so busy enjoying myself that I forgot to take photos...oh well.

We never left the Country Club Plaza...it's one of the most charming place's I've ever been to. It looked so beautiful under the snow. I highly recommend it if you are wanting to get away for the weekend.


As we enter a new year, I'm excited about the unknown. Like most people, I've spent the past couple of days pondering the future. What will happen to me in 2013? Where will I be this time next year? Only time will tell...
 
Until then, I've set a few goals.
 
1. I want to give. Living alone has made me (somewhat) selfish. I can't help it, I only have to worry about me! I simply want to make someone else happy. Maybe a stranger? Maybe a friend in need? I don't know but I'm making it a goal.
 
2. De clutter- my house, my office, my refrigerator.
 
3. Socialize. -This is an easy one because I'm already pretty social. However, sometimes it's hard because I love being at home in my pajamas (especially after a long day of work). I love my friends and we have so much fun together. I want to make it a priority to maintain old friendships and develop new ones.
 
What about you? Do you have any goals for the coming year?

4 comments:

  1. Gosh your hair looks seriously fabulous!! I need to go get a blow-out once, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl :-) yes you do! You deserve it!

      Delete
  2. Love your goals for the year! Share some of the ways you end up living out #1....I'm always up for creative ways to spread love and kindness. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria :) I am still trying to decide what to do for #1 but once I do, I promise I will share it! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete