Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Blah.

Last time we spoke I mentioned having a bad day; I blamed it on my sour attitude. I made it a personal goal to turn my frown upside down; unfortunately sometimes it’s just plain hard...and because this blog is titled: Brittney's Life, I figured it would be okay for me to be honest about my current disposition.

Just for one minute, pretend that we are best friends, catching up on our weekly phone date because you live in a different town and we can’t meet face to face.

What good is a best friend if you can’t complain to them about the minute issues bogging you down?

Today I was supposed to be leaving for a fabulous ski trip with my girlfriends. We were going to spend the next 4 days in Breckenridge.

Sadly, the trip was cancelled (at the last minute) due to reasons outside of my control. Honestly, I’m somewhat relieved because work has been crazy and I really shouldn’t be taking off right now. However, I need a break. I desperately need a break.

So yesterday, I booked a flight to Galveston. In a month’s time I will be sitting seaside, with my feet in the sand, snacking on fresh shrimp. Sweet mother of Jesus, it can’t get here fast enough.

I don’t know if this perpetual slump is something I can blame on my gender or if I really do have too much on my plate, but I’m ready to nip it in the bud!

Thankfully, this weekend is a three day weekend.

Here is a list of things that I plan on doing (all of which should help lift my spirits):

-Go to the movies, I’m dying to see Les Mis.

-Clean my house –and by clean, I mean “deep clean.” I’m pulling out all the stops: mopping, dusting, polishing, vacuuming, and scrubbing.

Side note: I swear my apartment is shrinking. I’m not kidding. It seems like the cabinets and drawers are getting smaller and smaller every day. I can’t keep up! I have made THREE trips to the donation center this year –and by “this year” I mean the past three months. I’m growing out of my small space and have the itch to move. 

-Spend an entire day in my pajamas.

-Do something “crafty.”  Creating something is the best way to relieve stress; it gives you a sense of accomplishment. 

Yes, I realize it is only Wednesday…believe me Friday seems like forever away…and yes, I realize that this is the second post in a row that has had a “complainy” tone…

Complainy...is that a word? I don't often make up words, but when I do they are really good. Like when I was 3 or 4 and I referred to being naked as "snaked." Or when I called a wedding dresses with a train "a draggin' dress"...(because they "dragged" get it?) anyway...what were we talking about?
 
Feel free to leave me a comment (via facebook, blogger, email) about what’s going on with you. This friendship is a two way street and I’d love to catch up!

I’m so glad we had this talk, I feel so much better already.

Please forgive me for being so whiny, I promise to write something lighthearted tomorrow!

BFFL!

6 comments:

  1. Sometimes we just need to whine. What a bummer about your plans being cancelled last minute but your alternate weekend plans do sound wonderful...what do you plan to craft?

    My whining right now centers around the politics of the work place... Going to work would be so much nicer if I didn't have deal with people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it girl...I am still undecided about what to craft. I have been scanning pinterest. I will be sure to share it on here or via instagram! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. I dig the honesty. Refreshing, no matter what the subject (or problem) is.

    P.S. Don't forget to take time for yourself, friend. I'm learning that right now too, in a big way. You'll have more endurance and less post-week/year collapse, if you manage your "me time". Just my thoughts.

    Stay writing,
    David.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. David! How are you? I do a lot for myself already lol I think I just need to spend more time resting. Sometimes I get a little ambitious about my time. Hope you are doing well! I miss our college days!

      Delete
  3. Complainy? Real life and I LOVE it! I'm sorry that you've been in a rut lately, but your posts have been just fine!

    And three day weekends full of those things? Perfection....Especially after days that have been less than awesome. I'm definitely jealous of your Galveston trip. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Victoria! You should book a little vaca! *travel tip* southwest lowers their prices every tuesday! ...or maybe road trip to the nearest city and sleep in a hotel, room service is always a treat! anyway thanks for leaving a comment!

      Delete