Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Dad,




This morning I sat at my desk trying to decide what to write about. Lately, I’ve had the worst writers block. Inspired by tomorrow’s holiday, I decided to write about a memorable Thanksgiving.

As I began to type the story of a Thanksgiving from my childhood, I had a few holes in my memory so I called you to fill in the gaps. We reminisced about several Thanksgivings, including the time I ate the ice out of the fish freezer and got food poisoning. We laughed as we remembered Granny Orr’s cooking, thank goodness for Mimi’s cheesy potatoes; I would have starved without them. It seems like our lives have changed so much since those days.

Later this morning, I was in the process of purchasing a Christmas gift. I needed to verify your address. I called you at work and you were as helpful as usual. That’s something that I can always count on: no matter how busy you are at work, no matter how long you’ve been asleep at night, you will always answer my call.

After we got off the phone for the second time today I realized that *gasp!* today is your Birthday! How embarrassed I felt when I realized I had spoken with you, not once but twice, without wishing you a happy Birthday.

Of course, I called you back and you laughed it off.

I just want you to know that you are the BEST! I love you so much and I thank God every day for giving me you as my father.

I hope you have a happy happy birthday! I can’t wait to see you this weekend!
 
I love you,
-Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment