Wednesday, October 3, 2012

World Class Temper Tantrum.

The pouty face. It's one I can't control.
I've dealt with this issue my entire life.

Monday I did something so humiliating, something so unlike me.

I highly doubt I’ll ever recover.

It happened at the gym. There were only two other witnesses ladies in the Monday night class (thank the lord).

Both of them were much older than me.

The trainer had us doing all these complicated maneuvers that involved lifting 25 pound weights above our head, rowing, pushups, up-downs, lunges, etc.

By the end of the class, I was plum tired…and somewhat irritated because the older ladies were kicking my ass. (Yes, I say things like “ass” now…that’s what happens when you’re pushed to your limit).

My whole body felt like Jell-O.

And that’s when it happened.

Like a twig, I snapped.

My lips started to quiver.

My eyes filled with tears.

I may or may not have screamed profanity at the top of my lungs while attempting to lift the 25 pound weight.

There may or may not have been a dramatic “episode” in which I threw down the weight, glared at the trainer, and spat the words “I CAN’T DO THIS!” at him (I cringe…bless his heart. He didn’t deserve that).

His eyes widened as he calmly said: “just do 20 squats,” obviously in shock by the massive tantrum I just threw.

I felt so defeated.

Why do I have to be so weak?

Why can’t I have a higher tolerance for pain?

Why are these old ladies stronger than me? -I bet it’s because they spend their evenings carrying around their children…my friend’s with kids have arms of steel.

And why didn’t my parents enroll me in some kind of athletic activity? -I’m positive they are to blame for my jiggly thighs.

Anyway, I think I might have to move out of state.

I don’t know how I’m going to face the trainer again. I’m already dreading next Monday…

Maybe if I dye my hair he won’t recognize me?

If any of you have any information on assuming a new identity, please let me know!

Happy Hump Day!

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha!!! Oh you poor thing. I would've done the SAME thing. I have zero pain tolerance and I hate it. I always get annoyed with the people on The Biggest Loser who throw tantrums, but I know I would be one of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHA o my word I'm so sorry, but that is hilarious. And SO something I would do! Maybe bring a peace offering of some kind? Brownies? : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am pretty sure this is the best thing I have read all day!

    ReplyDelete