Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Christmas Shopping

Last weekend was spent with my Mom.

By the way, She is doing great! Her trip to Houston was such a success. She met some wonderful, ah-mazing, super smart, best of the best, oh so talented, cancer-ass-kicking doctors! Sorry, one adjective wasn’t enough.

She’s decided to receive her treatment in Houston at MD Anderson. A week from tomorrow (Wednesday, Nov. 7th) she will undergo a mastectomy. It’s going to be a long (long long long) recovery but we are confident that this is the best place for her. For more details on my Mom’s trip to Houston and information on her treatment plan, visit her blog: Busting Free.

In the meantime, I will be commuting to Ada from Edmond. (It’s about 1 ½ hours drive) I’m staying with my little sister while my Mom’s in Houston.

Anyway, back to last weekend!



Because my mom is going to be bedridden for the time being, we spent most of Sunday shopping for Christmas presents. We aren’t sure if she is going to be able to do much shopping over the next couple of months. Surprisingly, we were pretty successful.

When it comes to Christmas shopping, I believe in starting early... that way you don’t bust your bank (a lession learned from my dad).  As a child, I can remember shopping for school clothes at the Limited Too (remember that store?) and pointing out things that I wanted. My precious daddy would go back the next day and buy it for Christmas.

Although...I have found a kink in the “starting early”strategy. Sometimes, it’s hard for me to stop. I end up buying way too many gifts for my loved ones…. or I get so excited about my finds that I end up giving it to them early.  That may or may not have happened last week with an adorable fringe scarf I bought for my little sister.

How about you? Have you started your Christmas shopping yet?

p.s. aren't those vintage pictures cute? They remind me of Bing Crosby Christmas songs and all those classic claymation Christmas movies...

p.s.s. yes, I'm aware that tomorrow is Halloween! I'll try to hold off on the Christmas posts from now on!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you had such a great day with your Mom!!!!

    I haven't started my shopping yet but I have definitely been making my lists of what to buy this year! I broke down and pulled out the Christnas music yesterday. I have been humming it kately and I figured that hile I am usually a stickler for "not until the day after thanksgiving", enough is enough. This year, I don't have to wait. :)

    BTW, yep, I too shopped at Limited Too and loved everything about the store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those vintage Christmas pictures! Makes my heart happy :) I think I'm gonna try to start Christmas shopping this weekend! I never start early and I'm trying to correct that.

    SO happy to hear your mom met some good doctor's! She'll be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete