Monday, October 15, 2012

B.Y.O.P.

Last week I attended the cutest party! It was inspired by all things pumpkin!

We called it “B.Y.O.P.” (Bring your own pumpkin)

Everyone brought a pumpkin to carve or paint.


I decided to bring a white pumpkin. I love the uniqueness about them.

They seem so charming to me. 

Also, everyone brought their favorite pumpkin dish.  


 I brought mini cupcakes with homemade cream cheese frosting!


One of my favorite dishes was pumpkin dip.


My friend Loren was kind enough to share her recipe:

1 can of pumpkin
1 container of cool whip
1 pkg vanilla instant pudding
1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

Y'all have to try it! It was sooo good!

The hostess, Jen, made a delicious taco soup for dinner.


We even had pumpkin beer y'all!


I loved the paper plates and napkins! (I think they came from Target).


After dinner we all went outside to decorate our pumpkins.

There may or may not have been a competition for best looking pumpkin...

...and I may or may not have won!


Sadly, all the pictures of me with my pumpkin turned out blurry...I didn't realize it until I got them on the computer.


Everyone did such a great job with their pumpkins.

I especially loved this one:


You cant go wrong with a classic jack-o-lantern!

For my prize winning pumpkin, I received this beautiful trophy:


Also, I got a Tyler candle (scented pumpkin of course) and the cutest pumpkin coasters!

It was such a fun evening!

What about you? Are you participating in any festive activities this fall?

3 comments:

  1. Love your pumpkin! Did you freehand those letters? If you did, you are super crafty....Or I am a permanent kindergartener! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That party looks like so much fun, and I love your white pumpkin! All of that food looks amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. howdy!

    I'm starting a great new network called Oklahoma Women Bloggers, and I'd love for you to be a part of it! email me at OklahomaWomenBloggers@gmail.com for more info.

    Happy Blogging!
    Heather D.
    www.minivan-momma.com

    ReplyDelete