Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Purging my closet.


I keep getting the urge to clean out my closet y’all.

This “urge” to throw out clothes has been a reoccurrence for the past year now.

It’s really strange because normally I am extremely attached to my things.

(more than “attached,” I HATE sharing my clothes –with anyone –including family).

Giving away clothes, even loaning them out, has always been something that makes me cringe.

But one day it was like a light went off in my head: “Hey! I don’t need this stuff anymore!”

My poor sister has so many hand-me-downs, bless her heart. She takes everything I shove off on her. I have no clue if she actually wears it. But she always seems really excited to go through my things.

I’m still undecided if her “excitement” is genuine or she just doesn’t have the heart to tell me that my old crap is indeed “old” and out dated (because let’s face it, it is…)

I’ve also been selling my old clothes to Plato’s Closet (a re-sale shop, except they buy your stuff from you on the spot).

Last weekend I took them a couple pair of jeans, some shoes, a Vera Bradley purse, several hoodies…and you will never believe how much they gave me!

NINETY DOLLARS.

Isn’t that crazy! For a bunch of old stuff I would normally take to Goodwill!

Of course if you read my blog on Monday, you know what I did with the money…

So yesterday when I was catching up on the Pioneer Woman I about fell out of my chair when I read her post on cleaning out her closet.

I swear we are the same person!

except she can cook

and she wears cowgirl boots

and she is okay with living in the middle of nowhere

oh and she has a group of tiny people that call her “mom”

…but other than that I swear we are the same!

So she’s been doing a giveaway (every day this week) with the things she doesn’t want anymore!

Brilliant!

Now if I could just figure out how to use the “rafflecopter thingy” and host one myself!

How about you? Do you ever get the urge to throw out all of your clothes and start over?

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea!! And I do the same thing - especially with the phase of life we are in, I feel like the year after graduating I was ready to part with the majority of my college clothes just because a lot of it I wouldn't wear again.

    ReplyDelete