Friday, September 7, 2012

High Five For Friday!

Good gracious! I can’t believe it’s Friday!

As usual, we are linking up with Lauren over at From My Grey Desk for High Five For Friday.

Here are my top 5:

One.

This picture was taken more than 5 YEARS AGO!
(my senior year of high school)

Last weekend I met up with an old friend from High School. It's been over a year since I've seen her!

It was so good catching up.

Two.
 


My precious niece turns ONE today! Happy birthday Ava darling! Your Aunt BB loves you!

Three.



I’ve been using Clinique foundation since before I can remember. (but if I had to guess, I would say 8th grade…) Lately, I’ve been unsatisfied with it. This week I bought MAC’s Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation.

I like it okay.

(it made the #H54F list because I love trying new makeup)

However, I’m still not getting the coverage I need. I am scared to try a liquid because I don’t want my face to look oily or “caked on.” Any recommendations on a good foundation for someone with combination skin?

Four.


Last weekend (while I was visiting my parents) I went antiquing. It was so much fun looking at old treasures. Like the hats pictured above, aren't they gorgeous?

I wish our generation wore stuff like that...

and how about those vintage Marc Jacob boots! I'm still kicking myself for not buying them! They were only 19 bucks!

Five.


They’re back!! Pumpkin Spice Lattes! We don’t have a Starbucks in my little town but I plan on swinging by the nearest one this weekend!

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Hey Brittney! I have combination skin and like to use liquid to get the coverage I want but I wouldn't say I'm the hugest fan of liquid. I bought Benefits Play Stick foundation, I guess about 4 years ago now and it's the best thing I've found on the market. It's about $34 which hurts the wallet a little but it honestly goes a long way. It's in a stick form and goes on kind of like a concealer but for your whole face. It's so so easy to put on and has a GREAT coverage! Not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for but it's worth looking in to! I think you can find it at any Sephora or Utla! Have a happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you tried a BB yet? Boscia makes a self adjusting one that's great. The coverage is really light, and it doesn't feel like you're wearing makeup.

    And Starbucks has Pumpkin Spice VIA! A 5 pack for around $7 so you can make them at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I used to use the Benefit stick like Lindsay above for years and I liked it a lot. Then I switched to Mac liquid and got great coverage but my makeup always looked really heavy which I don't like and plus Mac is absolutely horrible for your skin! Don't get me wrong, they have awesome products but now I just stick with their eyeshadows.

    I recently switched to Clinique and I love it! I use the Clarins Everlasting foundation and get awesome coverage with it, then I dust over it with Clarins Ever Matte.

    Hope that helps even though you said you didn't like your Clinique lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I use all Clarins, not Clinique!

      Delete
  4. Your wrap job looks fantastic, my daughter would be thrilled to open a package like that! I use Smashbox's liquid foundation and I love it, but it can be a little heavy depending on how much you use.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your neice! those presents are beautiful!! and I need to try one of those drinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've never had a pumpkin spice latte?? Yes, stop what you are doing and drive to the nearest Starbucks immediately!

      Delete
  6. Dude - those boots would have been a steal!! ah well - keep vintage hunting and something fabulous will come up again I'm sure :)

    http://loverlysheblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...It was a huge mistake! thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. I have combo skin too and just started using the HD Makeup Forever brand (Sephora has it). It's got good coverage and it isn't cakey or heavy at all. Love those boots and seriously those are some fab looking wrapped gifts. So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm at fan of Bare Minerals foundation although I have pretty normal skin. It never feels heavy and it covers imperfections well. And it'snot harmful for your skin. They just came out with compact version so you don't have to deal with the messy loose powder anymore. Hope you find something that works!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those yellow boots are to die for!

    new follower :)

    Have a great day! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete