Thursday, September 13, 2012

Awkward and Awesome

Awkward

-The other day I went to Sonic during happy hour to get a large un-sweet tea with three packets of pink sugar (aka Sweet ‘n’ low). Their service was unusually fast; it seemed as though it took 30 seconds for them to make my drink and get it to my car.

I had just begun searching for my money when the carhop arrived.

Of course, it was about that time that I realized I didn’t have any money.

Read: I forgot my wallet.

(Switching purses at the last minute will do that to you)

She stood there while I frantically searched my car for spare change. I only found 8 cents.

I was mortified.

-Thinking my crockpot was made for travel because the lid latches down.

Apparently the cursed appliance has two tiny holes in the lid (I’m assuming this helps release moisture/steam?).

Upon hitting a pothole in the road, some of the soup managed to slosh out of the "itty bitty" hole and onto my arm. Scolding me. Nearly causing a car accident.

My car has smelled like tortilla soup for 3 days now.

Read: my car has smelled like onions for 3 days now.

Awesome

-This month my gym is hosting a boot camp.

(Hell no! I’m not participating)

However the evening class, which is normally overcrowded and filled with unusually fit people, has substantially decreased in attendance. I think there are 4 of us who have decided to forgo the boot camp.

It’s kind of like having a personal trainer without having to pay!

I predict that by the time my classmates return from their boot camp festivities, we will be on an even playing field.

(okay that’s never going to happen)

Maybe I will (at least) be able to complete the workout.

...yes, I still can’t complete all of the exercises. It’s that hard!

-I'm off tomorrow!   Three day weekend here I come!

1 comment:

  1. I am SO jealous you have tomorrow off! And I hope you got your un-sweet tea for free!

    ReplyDelete