Monday, September 24, 2012

A weekend with the boys


Meet my Brother, my Pappy, and my precious Daddy.

We all met up in the heart of our state (Norman, Okla.) for night of football.

My favorite part of the ENTIRE game is when the drum major struts (or does he kick?) his way down the field.

Its a tradition that has been around for years.

My Pappy said it has been around since before he can remember (That's a long time y'all).

I just love college football.

I'm a sucker for the rich traditions and since of pride amongst the crowd.


I love singing along to our state song with the band.


I loved the view from our seats.


I love it when the crowd holds up one finger during kick-off.

(I also love "There's Only One Oklahoma" video they play before each game...)



I love running into friends at the tailgate.


I love the fireworks when we score.

I also love the Sooner Schooner.



I love this old man who gave me silver and crimson beads.

He was there alone.

Melts my heart!

It also made me giggle when he cursed Landry Jones.

There was a lot of cussing, booing...


...and pouting.


Look at my brother root on the team. Isn't he cute? 

He's single ladies!

Or at least he is on Facebook.

I didn't ask.

I'll be sure to ask him next time I see him.

If he is, I'll let ya know.


I had such a wonderful time with my best men.

I love them more than college football.

More than the strutting drum major.

More than the #1 fingers.

More than the old man and his beads.

No comments:

Post a Comment