Thursday, August 9, 2012

The day I met the Pioneer Woman

I will never forget the day I met the Pioneer Woman. She is such a joy to be around. If you read her blog, let me just say: she is the exact same in real life.





She was there to speak about Land O' Lakes butter. They have a new product coming out and she’s teamed up with them to promote it. (Actually it is pretty genius. They’ve created butter that comes in a half-stick).

Anyway, before she started her speech, she explained that she is terrified of public speaking…she said that if she starts singing “There’s no business like show business” to just ignore her.



I chuckled, thinking that it was a little strange…she seemed to have perfect stage presence.

Well about 3 minutes later she got tongue tied and forgot her words. She had a terrified look on her face (wide eyed) and you know what she did? She burst into song!

“There’s no business like show business, like no business I know…”

(Which by the way is a song from “Annie Get Your Gun.”-a musical about a red headed cowgirl (Annie Oakley) who could shoot a gun better than a man. I find it absolutely hilarious that the Pioneer Woman chose that song!)

So after she finished her rendition of the Broadway hit, I died laughing. It took all I had to remain composed for the rest of her speech.

I’ve been "blog-stalking" her ever since to see if she will write about it!




It totally made my day to see her little "episode." Not only is she hilarious, but she likes Broadway, and she's human! She gets tongue tied too!

So after waiting in line for what seemed like forever, it was my turn to meet her. I introduced myself, explained that I was from Oklahoma. Told her that I loved her book (Black Heels to Tractor Wheels), that I’m now stalking every cowboy at Wal-Mart, especially those with starched Levis.



After hearing my compelling story, she promised that we would be best friends forever and that she would introduce me to cowboy Josh (not really).

Actually, we took a picture and I was forced to let her move on to the next crazy stalker.

Oh! and she totally tweeted me!

(totally tweeted? I apologize...)

I was sitting in the hotel room when I got an email saying “Ree Drummond tweeted you.” I screamed like a little girl at a Justin Bieber concert.


I won the Land O' Lakes drawing for a Le Creuset dutch oven! Yay!

Obviously, meeting the Pioneer Woman was my favorite part of the conference (even more than Mary Poppins...if you know me, you understand how big of a deal it must have been).

4 posts later, I'm finally done talking about New York!

If you missed the first NYC post click here.

If you want to see the second, click here.

The third? click here.

We will be back to our regular programming tomorrow (#H54F).

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for sharing! How exciting....ALL of it!! I so want to go to New York!!

    ReplyDelete