Monday, August 6, 2012

New York City, Part One.

Well I'm back! Originally, I planned on coming home Monday (today) but things changed and I'm home a day early!

I had such a wonderful time but it is so nice to be home.

Don't tell anyone (If you do I'll call you a liar) but I missed Oklahoma...

I missed driving (walking everywhere kind of sucks)

I missed the fresh air

....the beautiful horizon

eating healthy.

This is so cliche but there's no place like home.

Before we get started, you should know that I've decided to break this up into 3 posts: photo's from my camera, photos from my phone, and my thoughts on the conference.

I loved love loved being in New York. The atmosphere was like no other. Of course, I didn't take near enough pictures (only 107) but I was nervous taking my expensive camera everywhere I went.

Don't worry, I'm not going to share all 107 photos, just my favorites. Also, please remember that I am not a photographer.

Part One: photo's from my camera

Times Square:


Do you see the 2012 ball drop?

Good Morning America

I really wanted to see the Newsies but they were sold out.


One day I will ride this with Mr. Right.
(Mr. Right, please take note and  bring me back if you haven't already)
(Also, Mr. Right I wouldn't hate it if you did this at Christmas)

I don't think this needs an explanation.

We ate at a fabulous Italian restaurant in Times Square. They served family style portions. Of course, I took all the photos of the food with my iPhone (don't ask me why).

Melissa, Rushelle, JeNeal, Me, Allison.

I also spent a lot of time wondering around 5th Avenue.

It was my favorite place in New York. The architecture was amazing and the shopping wasn't too bad either.


My most favorite place to shop.
The 5th Ave. location had several items not carried in Okla.


Yes, it was a beautiful sight.
I bought an adorable iPhone case.

Can you see the Empire State Building?
Say Yes to the Dress!
Let's all say a prayer that I get to shop here one day!


New York Public Library


Rockefeller Center
(At Christmas this is where they light the tree and have ice skating)


Radio City Music Hall
This is where they have the MTV Video Music Awards, Tony Awards, and the Rockettes.

Can you believe that I walked to all of these places by myself? (Well most of them anyway).

If there is one take away from this trip, it is definitely independence! I'm pretty proud that I conquered New York alone! (Although, I will never do it again).

That concludes part one, come back tomorrow for part two!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your pictures! New York is the next vacation on my list but until then I'll live through you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have got to go soon! It is a magical place!

      Delete
  2. I got to spend some time in NYC two Christmases ago....It was absolutely amazing! Before I left I knew I needed to go back. Ever since, I have thought it woukd be fun to live there for a while (a few years maybe) with my own Mr. Right. We'll wave when we pass you in our carriage some Christmas when you happen to be visiting! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! This made me smile! Yes, I have no doubt that that will happen! Thanks girl!

      Delete
  3. Totally just stole that photo of all of us and made it my Facebook cover photo!

    ReplyDelete