Wednesday, August 8, 2012

New York City, Part Two.

I'm sorry this post is a day late.

I know all of you were on the edge of your seat waiting to see the pictures I took on my iPhone.

(can you sense my sarcasm? Just checking...)

I've been so busy relaxing unpacking, doing laundry, and getting caught up at work. It's going to take some time to get back into the swing of things (and that includes blogging...)

I didn't realize how many pictures I took with my phone. Some of them are terrible, I apologize.

I posted a handful of them on Instagram but I have a bunch more to share with you!

Like the first picture I took of New York:


As soon as I arrived, I went exploring.

I walked to Times Square (only a few blocks from my hotel).





Of course, this picture cost me $2.

I wasn't aware of the "donation" when I took it.

Hence the reason I only have one photo with a crazy person.

 


Look at all the people!
 

Did I mention I went to THREE different LOFT locations in NYC?

I had to check out all of the sale racks!



Times Square at night was amazing.

See the TKTS sign (above)?

That's where I bought my Broadway tickets.


TKTS sells same day tickets for half the price! If you are ever in New York you MUST check it out.

I waited in line for 45 minutes and got tickets in the orchestra section (on the floor) for $80.



Mary Poppins was AMAZING.

The set was insane.

I'm still trying to figure out how they made a bed appear out of thin air!

Oh, and she flew over the audience!

OKC people: the show is coming to OKC in November!! It's a MUST see!

View from my seats!

On Saturday night I attended a private wine tasting in SoHo.


Probably one of the coolest things I have ever done.



I may or may not have gotten a complementary bottle of $200 wine to take home.

After the wine tasting we wondered around SoHo.

For dinner we tried some New York style Pizza!



After dinner, we headed back to the hotel. On our way we stopped at Rockefeller Center. 



I had such a fabulous time.

I took one last photo on my way to the airport:



Speaking of airport, my travel home was a nightmare!

The storms caused my flight to be delayed.

I had to sprint across DFW to make my connection. 


View out of my window on the plane.
 

I know I've said this a thousand times, but it is soooo good to be home!

Last night was spent cuddled up on my couch, catching up on my DVR. 

Thank heavens for DVR's. I would have hated to miss last weeks PLL!

Tomorrow I'm going to talk about the BlogHer conference and meeting the Pioneer Woman!

I hope to see you there!

Well I wont be able to "see you" but I hope you'll come back...

No comments:

Post a Comment